I know this is a day late, but I just didn’t have it in me to post 3 days in a row this year. It’s just too busy a time at work, sadly. (Again)
I avoided reading the other predictions. While I do worry about doubling up when I don’t have to, I thought it more appropriate to play it straight, without that knowledge.
So, here we go!
1. I will get a new and less time-consuming job, already. Among other things, I can spend a little more time around here and improve my health.
2. The Xbox One X will crush the comparatively lackluster PS4 Pro in sales, but it won’t be enough to catch up to overall PS4 sales rate. Meanwhile, the Switch will steadily gain on the Xbox installed base assuming we find out what that base even is.
3. The U.S. midterm congressional election will be a reverse of 2010 “Tea Party Wave,” but the elected Democrats probably won’t have a unifying an ideology beyond “not Trump.”
4. The Han Solo movie will slip to the December release it should have had in the first place.
5. While we’re at it, Cloverfield 3 hasn’t seen its last release date, either.
6. The Vegas Golden Knights will make it to a conference title game, but not move on to a Stanley Cup.Still, that makes them about as successful in one season as the Washington Capitals have ever been.
7. Amazon will follow up its acquisition of Whole Foods with another well-known retail chain.
8. Paid Prioritization will be a reality very soon, maybe launching from several major Internet providers in the first quarter of the year.
9. No matter how bad things might get, Trump and/or the GOP will still fail to turn the U.S. into The Handmaid’s Tale, as was a popular reference last year.
10. Lightning round! Beyond Good and Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII:R, Kingdom Hearts III, Resident Evil 2 Remake and The Last of Us part 2 aren’t coming this year.
I think I overstretched a bit on 10, but overall I’m feeling like a good score is in my future come December 31. We’ll see you there!